The Trinidad and Tobago Prison Service is an arm of the Criminal Justice System and is now a division of the Ministry of Justice.
Commissioner of Prisons – Conrad Barrow
Deputy Commissioner of Prisons ‘A’: Harry Ramroop
Deputy Commissioner of Prisons ‘O’: Sterling Stewart
To protect society and; reduce crime through the reduction in re-offending by facilitating the opportunities for the rehabilitation of offenders, while maintaining control under safe, secure and humane conditions.
To be a more efficient and effective Prison Service committed to protecting society, adhering to the dictates of the court and reduce re-offending.
1. Protect – To protect the public
2. Correct – Improve educational, work and social life skills of offenders
3. Relate – Improve community relations
4. Reintegrate – Promote law-abiding behaviour in custody and after release
5. Restore – To reduce crime by addressing offending behaviour