The Trinidad and Tobago Prison Service is an arm of the Criminal Justice System and is a division of the Ministry of National Security
Commissioner of Prisons – Sterling Stewart
Deputy Commissioner of Prisons:
Administration: Michael Walker
Programmes: Gerard Wilson
Operations: Dane Clarke
To protect society and; reduce crime through the reduction in re-offending by facilitating the opportunities for the rehabilitation of offenders, while maintaining control under safe, secure and humane conditions.
To be a more efficient and effective Prison Service committed to protecting society, adhering to the dictates of the court and reduce re-offending.
1. Protect – To protect the public and aid in crime prevention
2. Correct – Improve educational, work and social life skills of offenders
3. Relate – Improve community relations
4. Reintegrate – Promote law-abiding behaviour in custody and after release
5. Restore – To reduce crime by addressing offending behaviour